- How old do I have to be to bet at FanDuel Sportsbook? You must be at least 21 years old to wager at FanDuel. Every state that has licensed the FanDuel sportsbook requires bettors to be aged 21+. Confusion exists on this front, though, because 18-year-olds can play at FanDuel DFS in many states. However, most states have a lower age limit for daily fantasy players.
- Is there a FanDuel Casino? Yes, FanDuel features an online casino. The FanDuel Casino is currently available in Connecticut, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. It offers several hundreds games in MI, NJ, and PA and is building its game selection in CT and VW. This online casino also offers a unique “risk-free day bonus” worth up to $1,000. Under this deal, you receive all losses back that occur within the first 24 hours of depositing
- Can I create multiple accounts at FanDuel? As per FanDuel’s terms and conditions, you cannot create multiple accounts here. If you do open multiple accounts, FanDuel will disable your second account and perform an investigation. It’ll let you continue using the primary account so long as the second one isn’t opened in bad faith. It will, however, ban you from using the site if you indeed open multiple accounts to gain an advantage. An example of the latter includes registering multiple times to keep getting the FanDuel new player bonus.
- Does FanDuel have a loyalty program? No, FanDuel doesn’t currently offer a loyalty program for sports bettors. Instead, it only features a VIP program for DFS players. The sportsbook does, however, offer many promotions that can substitute for loyalty rewards. From FanDuel free bets to parlay insurance, this operator frequently rolls out betting promos. You can continually play for extra money by taking advantage of these deals.
- Are there betting contests at FanDuel Sportsbook? Yes, this online sportsbook offers sports betting contests from time to time. During this review of FanDuel, a $150,000 Super Bowl contest is running. It gives frequent sports gamblers a share of the prize pool. This betting site offers similar contests at various points of the year.
FanDuel Sportsbook vs. DraftKings Sportsbook
|Selection of Sports|
U.S. bettors can’t go wrong with either of the two biggest brands in legal online sports betting. DraftKings’ availability in a couple of states in which FanDuel isn’t available gets DraftKings a checkmark in that column.
The selection of sports and ways to bet is comprehensive at both FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook. Both platforms offer the full gamut of betting options.
The mobile apps presented by FanDuel and DraftKings get nearly perfect marks among reviewers at the App Store (Apple iOS devices) and Google Play (Android devices).
FanDuel gets the nod in the welcome bonus metric, with its $1,000 risk-free bet more practical than DraftKings’ $20% deposit match up to $1,000.
What Makes the FanDuel Sportsbook Stand Out?
The FanDuel Sportsbook app offers multiple traits that set it apart from the average site in the U.S. sports betting industry. It offers a big signup bonus, unique promotions, numerous DFS opportunities, and a well-known brand.
FanDuel’s comprehensive betting options include same game parlays (SGPs) for most major sports leagues. You can find SGP options under the “Same Game Parlays” tab at the top of the main lobby.
Additional betting options include live betting, traditional parlays, spreads, props, totals, moneyline, and many more.
Large FanDuel New Player Bonus
The FanDuel deposit bonus is a risk-free bet worth up to $1,000. This deal is one of the largest sports betting welcome bonuses in America. No FanDuel signup code is needed to obtain this bonus. Instead, you just click through our link to qualify for it.
If your first bet loses, you’ll be able to recover the losses after meeting rollover. Losses are subject to 1x rollover, which is the lowest that wagering requirements go.
You’ll find some commonplace promotions here, such as FanDuel free bets and parlay insurance. However, this betting site also separates itself from the pack in the online sports betting market with more-original promos.
At the time of this FanDuel review, Super Bowl bettors can wager $5 and potentially win $280 (56/1 odds). Super Bowl gamblers can also compete for a share of a $150,000 prize pool. Of course, promotions are subject to change at any point in the year. The key, though, is that FanDuel is willing to experiment with less-common promos.
After signing up for a new account, look for recurring promotions like free bets, odds boosts, and several other FanDuel Sportsbook offers.
Countless Daily Fantasy Sports Contests
Sports betting is now the breadwinner for this company. However, FanDuel hasn’t abandoned what made it a prominent gambling site to begin with. It still offers many DFS contests on a weekly basis. You can select the “Fantasy” tab at the top of FanDuel’s website to see what’s available.
FanDuel originally built its brand as a top DFS site. It pivoted into online sportsbooks across multiple states at just the right time and has retained its popularity.
FanDuel is now one of the most trusted brands in U.S. online sports betting. It has developed a reputation for quality customer service, fair bonus terms, and fast payouts. This betting site instills the same trust as other industry elites, such as BetMGM, Caesars, and DraftKings.
FanDuel Sportsbook Review
The first step to using the FanDuel Sportsbook app involves registering. You start this process by choosing the Join Now prompt on the website’s homepage. From here, you complete the following steps to set up an account:
- Select your state.
- Enter your email, username, and password.
- Agree to the general terms and conditions and verify that you’re at least the minimum betting age.
- Enter additional required information, including your name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your Social Security number.
You don’t need to live in the selected state to sign up. You just have to be within that state’s boundaries when depositing and placing bets.
Again, no FanDuel signup code is necessary to obtain the bonus. You’ll qualify for the FanDuel deposit bonus by going through one of our links.
The minimum gambling age can vary by state. However, FanDuel currently only serves states with a 21+ sports betting age.
You don’t need to download FanDuel when wagering through a PC or Mac. You will have to download an app, though, when betting through an Android or iOS device. Links are available on the website for both the Android and iOS FanDuel app.
FanDuel deposit methods include:
- Online banking
- Prepaid card
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover
Our Sportsbook Recommendation
Is FanDuel Trustworthy?
As stated multiple times in this review of FanDuel, this betting site has a strong and reputable brand. The following points explain more on why the FanDuel online sports betting site inspires trust.
Who Regulates FanDuel?
The FanDuel sports betting app is currently legal in over a dozen states. FanDuel had to apply for licensing and pass a vetting process in thel 14 jurisdictions where it operates.
It also deals with the relevant gaming authority in every state where it holds licensing. Here are a few examples of these governing bodies:
FanDuel must adhere to each commission’s rules regarding fair betting, reasonable payout speeds, and responsible gambling. It can’t do whatever it wants and treat players poorly while expecting to maintain licensing.
How Can I Know that FanDuel is Legit?
This online sportsbook has been operating mostly without incident since 2009. It has, however, experienced the following questionable incidents:
- A DraftKings employee used insider data to win $350,000 on FanDuel.
- Both FanDuel and DraftKings paid the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office $1.3 million apiece in 2017. The payments were for unfair and deceptive business practices relating to player protections.
Regarding the first incident, FanDuel wasn’t at fault for the DraftKings employee abusing the data. Nevertheless, their reputation took a hit simply because the money was won on their site.
As for the second matter, FanDuel paid the seven-figure fine and became compliant under Massachusetts’ DFS regulations. It has since worked to promote responsible gambling and player protections in each state where it’s licensed.
Overall, it boasts a solid history that includes timely payouts and a willingness to work with regulators. This site has especially stepped up its reputation since entering the legal US sports betting arena. FanDuel even lays claims to awards, including EGR North America’s Operator of the Year in 2021.
How Do I Get My Winnings from FanDuel?
The FanDuel cash out methods vary by state. However, you can generally expect several options regardless of your jurisdiction. Common FanDuel cash out options include:
- Online banking
- Prepaid card
PayPal, prepaid card, and Venmo deliver your winnings within 48 hours. Online bank transfers can take 3–5 days to deliver your payout. A paper check requires the longest wait time at 7–10 days.
More on Flutter Entertainment
As mentioned before, Flutter Entertainment owns FanDuel. It’s the largest online gambling company in terms of both market capitalization (£26.1 billion) and revenue (£4.4 billion). You can read more about Flutter below, along with additional info on FanDuel’s management.
Company Facts on Flutter Entertainment
In February 2016, London’s Betfair and Dublin’s Paddy officially completed their merger. The merged company became Flutter Entertainment Plc and chose Dublin as its official headquarters.
Flutter has since acquired several prominent online gambling brands. It acquired FanDuel in May 2018, following the US Supreme Court striking down a federal ban on sports betting.
You can see all of Flutter’s brands below, with those serving the US in bold:
- FanDuel – Operates in over a dozen states
- FOX Bet – Offers sports betting to a handful of states
- Full Tilt Poker
- Paddy Power
- Pokerstars – Provides online poker to Michigan, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Stars Casino – Offers online casino games to the same states as PokerStars.
- Sky Bet
- TVG Network – Provides online horse racing betting to over 30 states.
Flutter Entertainment enjoys great success in the US online betting market through FanDuel. It’s also experiencing mild success with FOX Bet in a partnership with the FOX Broadcasting Company.
Management Profiles on Flutter and FanDuel
Irish accountant Gary McGann serves as the Chairman of Flutter Entertainment Plc. He accepted this role during the Betfair-Paddy Power merger in 2015. He simultaneously served as Chairman of the food-based business Aryzta AG from 2016-2016, until stepping down from this role.
Other notable Flutter board members include:
- Peter Jackson – CEO
- Jonathan Hill – CFO
- Andrew Higginson – Senior Independent Director
- Zillah Byng-Thorne – Non-executive board member
- Michael Cawley – Non-executive board member
- Nancy Cruickshank – Non-executive board member
- Nancy Dubuc – Non-executive board member
- Richard Flint – Non-executive board member
- Alfred F. Hurley – Non-executive board member
- Holly Keller Koeppel – Non-executive board member
- David Lazzarato – Non-executive board member
- Mary Turner – Non-executive board member
Amy Howe is the CEO of FanDuel. She initially accepted the company’s president role in February 2021. After Matt King stepped down as CEO in July 2021, though, Howe became the interim replacement. She earned the permanent FanDuel CEO position in October 2021.
What States Is FanDuel Legal In?
FanDuel currently offers online sports betting apps in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
The below jurisdictions are good candidates to host FanDuel’s online sports betting services when their legalized online sports betting markets go live:
AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY